The Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum Educational Endowment was established in 2021 to fund the Museum’s educational efforts and to award scholarships to individuals committed to a career in aviation. The endowment was funded with $1,000,000 by the Rick & Teresa Price Family as a condition of the sale of a division of their Hawaii-based company to Oil Changers, Inc. in January 2020.
The For Love of Country Scholarship awards up to $10,000 for individuals whose commitment to an aviation career is evident.
The For Love of Country Scholarships are managed and awarded without regard to race, creed, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin. Scholarships are non-transferable; however, recipients may apply for one subsequent scholarship after successful completion of the course of study funded by the initial scholarship. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident.
Prior to awarding the scholarship the applicant must provide an acceptance letter and course content from the selected vocational school, college, or university. Funds will be mailed/wired directly to the institution.
Other Scholarship Requirements:
- Complete required application.
- Two letters of recommendations submitted directly to the Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum Scholarship Committee by the recommender at www.pearlharboraviationmuseum.org/scholarships.
- Provide personal statement of 750 words or less to include:
a. Defining the desired aviation career field.
b. Statement of previous work experience or education showing commitment to the pursuit of an aviation career.
c. Summary of achievements in the desired field of aviation.
- Be available for in-person or video conference interview.
Interview and Notification:
- Applicants will be notified via email the date, time, and method of the interview with the selection committee.
- Winners of the For Love of Country Scholarship will be notified by Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum Executive Director no later than 24 hours after selections are made.
- Awardee will have up to 60 days to accept the scholarship terms and conditions as specified in the award notification.