The BGEN Robert B. and Judith Maguire Scholarship was established in 2021 by Judith “Judy” Maguire to honor her late husband, BGEN Robert “Bob” B. Maguire, a lifelong military and civilian aviator. Aviation has had a lasting impact on the lives of both Bob and Judy and their hope is that this scholarship will help deserving students pursue their dreams of flight.
The BGEN Robert B. and Judith Maguire Scholarship will award $500 - $1,500 to individuals whose commitment to an aviation career, particularly one related to piloting, is evident, including prior related education, work experience, pursuit of post graduate studies, required continuing education, certification/recertification programs, etc.
The BGEN Robert B. and Judith Maguire Scholarship is managed and awarded without regard to race, creed, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin. Scholarships are non-transferable; however, recipients may apply for one subsequent scholarship after successful completion of the course of study funded by the initial scholarship. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident.
Prior to awarding the scholarship the applicant must provide an acceptance letter and course content from the selected vocational school, college, or university. Funds will be mailed/wired directly to the institution.
Other Scholarship Requirements:
- Complete required application form.
- Three letters of recommendations submitted directly to the PHAM Scholarship Committee by the recommender via email to [email protected] Ideally, recommendations will be from one personal, one professional, and one educational reference as applicable. Carefully read the instructions on Appendix B.
- Provide personal statement of 750 words or less to include:
a. Defining the desired aviation career field.
b. Statement of previous work experience or education showing commitment to the pursuit of an aviation career.
c. Summary of achievements in the desired field of aviation.
- Be available for in-person or video conference interview.
Interview and Notification:
- If selected for an interview, applicants will be notified via email the date, time, and method of the interview with the selection committee.
- Recipients of the BGEN Robert B. and Judith Maguire Scholarship will be notified by Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum’s Executive Director no later than 24 hours after selections are made (tentatively mid-May).
- Awardee will have up to 60 days to accept the scholarship terms and conditions as specified in the award notification.