Store Sales AssociateSeptember 14, 2023
Title: Museum Store Sales Associate
Reports to: Store Manager
Classification: Full-time Hourly – Non-Exempt
Department: Museum Store
Summary: The Sales Associate is responsible for operations of the Museum Store as directed by the members of Store management. As a front-line, full-time staff member, the Sales Associate provides the highest level of customer service to guests and internal staff of Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum (PHAM). This position is responsible for all activities associated with the Museum Store, which includes cashiering and cash handling; inventory management; and security; stocking merchandise; and ensuring store cleanliness. PHAM is open seven days a week; the Museum Store Sales Associate works in the main store, as well as any other event stores or pop-up stores on the Museum campus, as needed. The Sales Associate will assist with processing telephone and web orders, as the department is working to add an E-commerce platform.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides a warm welcome to each guest as they enter Museum Store
- Aids guests as needed: ringing a sales transaction, providing directions and museum information to enhance their experience
- Handles sales transactions efficiently and rings in sales accurately; correctly handles cash and credit card transactions; performs opening and closing duties including opening and closing POS registers & preparing deposits
- (Re)Stocks merchandise as directed by Store management; keeps the work space and Museum Store clean, orderly, stocked, and safe
- Assists in shipping and receiving inventory
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Store Manager and Director of Marketing
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills; ability to work with a diverse population that includes staff, volunteers and stakeholders
- Displays courteous and friendly demeanor: able to direct and assist guests
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously and prioritize work; demonstrates initiative on performing general duties without constant instruction from superiors
- Uses creativity to change, edit and update display merchandise & fixtures
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Works as part of a team with a positive attitude
- Demonstrated experience with accurate and efficient cash handling; familiarity with point of sales systems
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Must pass drug screening and federal background check and other pre-employment requirements as needed for position
- High school diploma or GED
- Maintain a well-groomed and professional demeanor
- Minimum of six months customer service experience
- Prior sales experience with an attraction, museum or nonprofit
- Must be able to lift, pull, push 50+ lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
Work Environment and Schedule:
- Full-Time – Hourly; 40 hrs. a week; work hours will include weekend shifts as well as possible night time shifts
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays and some evenings with prior notice
Salary: $15.00 – $17.00/hour
Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum is a nonprofit 501(c) 3 at-will employer, located on Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam. Employees must pass a background screening for base access, which is handled by the U.S. Navy.
Hawaii-based applicants preferred. No relocation assistance offered. To apply, submit resume, cover letter, handwriting sample and any relevant work samples to [email protected] No calls, please.
Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum is an equal opportunity employer.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an individual in this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of an individual selected for this position. Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum has the right to add, revise or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations are made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Salary commensurate with experience.