Store Sales AssociateSeptember 23, 2021
Summary: The part-time, seasonal Sales Associate is responsible for operations of the Museum Store as directed by the Store Manager. As a front-line staff member, the Sales Associate provides the highest level of customer service to guests of Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum. This position is responsible for all activities associated with the Museum Store, which includes cashiering, stocking merchandise, and ensuring store cleanliness. The Store Sales Associate works in the main store, as well as other any event stores or pop-up stores on the Museum campus, as needed. The Sales Associate will also assist with processing any phone & web orders as the department is working to add an E-commerce platform. This position has the potential to moving full-time based on performance and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a warm welcome to each guest as they enter Museum Store
- Aid guests as needed: ringing a sales transaction, providing directions and museum information to enhance their experience.
- Ring in sales accurately; correctly handle cash and credit card transactions
- (Re)Stock merchandise as directed by Store Manager
- Assist Store Manager in shipping and receiving inventory
- Keep the work space and Museum Store clean, orderly, stocked, and safe
- Undertake other duties and special projects as assigned by the Store Manager and Director of Marketing
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills; ability to work with a diverse population that includes staff, volunteers and stakeholders
- Displays courteous and friendly demeanor: able to direct and assist guests
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously and prioritize work · Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrated experience cash handling; familiarity with point of sales systems
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Superior attention to detail
- Must pass drug screening and federal background check
- High school diploma or GED
- Maintain a well-groomed and professional demeanor
- Driver’s license to reliably commute
- At least six months of customer service experience
- Prior sales experience at an attraction, museum or nonprofit
- Must be able to lift, pull, push 50+ lbs and be able to stand for long periods of time.
Job Types: Part-time, Seasonal
Salary: $15.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- 8 hour shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Rotating weekends
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location
Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum is a nonprofit 501(c) 3 at-will employer, located on Ford Island Naval Military base. Employees must pass a background screening, which is handled by the U.S. Navy
Hawaii-based applicants preferred. No relocation assistance is offered. To apply, please submit resume, cover letter and any relevant work samples to [email protected]. No calls, please.
Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum is an equal opportunity employer.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an individual in this job. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of an individual chosen for this job. Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum has the right to add, revise or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Salary commensurate with experience.