Development ManagerMarch 11, 2022
Development Manager (Full-Time)
At Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum, we have the honor of stewarding America’s first aviation battlefield of World War II, sharing the artifacts, personal stories, and impact and response to the December 7, 1941 attack and the Pacific region battles that followed. We honor those who defend our freedom so we might educate and inspire future generations. Beyond our reputation as TripAdvisor’s “Hawaii’s #1 Historical Spot Worth Traveling For,” Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum aims to be a community and educational resource for our local schools and families. Our culture is built on collaboration, trust, mutual respect, hard work and a passion for history, museums and airplanes. We embrace change and the opportunity it brings, and are committed to continuing to grow our world class staff.
JOB DESCRIPTION: : We are searching for a Development Manager to become a key member of our Development team, providing critical management, insight and energy as we build on our mission to steward this special place for generations to come. Working in close support of the Director of Development, the Development Manager provides programmatic and administrative management of the Museum’s annual giving programs. Key responsibilities include oversite of campaigns, stewardship of donors, building a familiarity with donors, assistance with grant management, and providing appropriate reporting to ensure success of campaign efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working with Director of Development to plan, develop and execute all annual campaigns, including: direct mail, digital marketing, new donor prospecting
- Working with Director of Development and Executive Director to complete quarterly newsletter
- Interface with Marketing to ensure collaborated communication strategies
- Stewardship of donors including donor recognition events and communications
- Initiation/preparation of donor acknowledgements, pledge reminders, custom letters, and other donor correspondence
- Serving as the manager to Database & Relationship Coordinator to ensure proper tracking of all annual and campaign gifts and pledges
- Assisting the Director of Development with management of grants
- Event planning support, including Annual Gala
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- This position is best suited for proactive candidates with a strong communications background, with excellent writing and organizational skills. We are seeking those who are creative and motivated to build on our fundraising efforts. Working hand-in-hand with seasoned fundraising professionals, this role will offer a fast-paced and evolving suite of opportunities to grow professionally and to make an impact in our community.
- 2-5 years of development/philanthropic experience
- Direct mail and grant writing experience preferred
- Experience using Raisers Edge or other CRM products
- Adept in use of computer programs including Microsoft Suite; Excel, Word, Outlook, Mail Merge
- Strong command over written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and effectively handle multiple competing projects with an eye on deadlines and goals
- Collaborative team player with can-do attitude
- Requires flexibility of schedule to accommodate needs of the organizations that may include weekend and evening events on occasion
- Must be comfortable meeting members and donors and representing Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum and partnering organization
Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum is a nonprofit 501(c) 3 at-will employer, located on Ford Island Naval Military base. Employees must pass a background screening, which is handled by the U.S. Navy
Hawaii-based applicants preferred. To apply, please submit resume, cover letter and any relevant work samples to Woo.Kim@PearlHarborAviationMuseum.org. No calls, please.
Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum is an equal opportunity employer.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an individual in this job. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of an individual chosen for this job. Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum has the right to add, revise or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Salary commensurate with experience.